Just like the Queen has her corgis, many of us are devoted to our pets. In fact, according to a recent study, one in five pet owners admitted to preferring their pets to their partners. And who can blame them? They’re easy to talk to, always up for a cuddle and let’s face it, they’re adorable!
To celebrate National Pet Month, we want you to make your pet the star of your Dom and Geri order and personalise one of our card, wrapping paper or banner designs with your favourite pet pic. To stand the chance of winning a fantastic hamper of pet goodies tailored to your pet, simply share a photo of your personalised pet order @DomandGeri using the #NationalPetMonth hashtag.
Here are some more fun facts about our beloved pets:
1. Did you know that more than half of Brits share their home with at least one animal friend? This adds up to 6.6 million dogs, 7.7 million cats and 18 million goldfish!
2. Dogs have a vocal range of approximately 10 different sounds and are able to make around 100 different facial expressions, most of which are made with their ears.
3. Cats on the other hand have over 100 vocal sounds, but not quite as many facial expressions.
4. Goldfish have been known to live for over 40 years!
5. Dogs were one of the first animals to be domesticated by humans more than 10,000 years ago – no wonder they’re known as man’s best friend!
6. Ever seen your cat hop over a high wall with no trouble at all? That’s because they are able to jump an impressive seven times their own height.
7. Although cats have five toes on each of their front paws they only have four on each of their back paws.
8. The majority of hamsters only blink one eye at a time.
Dom and Geri wish all our customers and their pets a very happy National Pet Month!